List of Projects Undertaken
List of Sponsored Research Projects Completed:
- Design of Sensitizers for Photodynamic Therapy: Synthesis, Photophysical and Photobiological Studies of Squaraine Dyes”, a grant–in–aid project sponsored by Volkswagen Foundation, Germany from October 1999 to October 2002.
- “Synthesis and Study of Interactions of Organic Ligands with Various DNA Structures through Spectroscopic and DNA Sequencing Techniques”, a grant–in–aid project sponsored by DST, India and NSF, USA from August 2000 to August 2004.
- “Novel Acridine Based Probes for Nucleic Acids: Synthesis and Study of Photophysical and DNA Binding Properties”, a grant–in–aid project sponsored by DST, India from August 2001 to March 2005.
- “Design and Development of Materials for Photonic Applications”, a grant–in–aid project in collaboration with other members of Photosciences and Photonics Group sponsored by DST, India from September 2002 to March 2007.
- “Globally Competitive Chemicals, Processes and Products”, a CSIR Task force project from June 2006 to March 2007.
- “Development of Novel Sensitizers Based on Squaraine Dyes for Photodynamic Therapy”, a grant–in–aid project sponsored by DST, India and DAAD, Germany from June 2004 to May 2006.
- “Development of Novel Probes Based on Organic Ligands for Nucleosides, Nucleotides and Nucleic Acids”, a grant–in–aid project sponsored by DST, India from October 2005 to January 2009.
- “Synthesis of 2–methyl–benz[cd]indole”, a consultancy project in collaboration with Dr. Suresh Das, Photosciences and Photonics Group, sponsored by Metropolitan Eximchem Ltd. Mumbai from June 2006 to January 2007.
- “Design of Optoelectronic Sensors and NLO Materials” as part of the network project “Functional Organic Materials for Energy Efficient Devices” sponsored by CSIR, India from March 2007 to February 2012 in collaboration with other members of NIIST, Trivandrum.
- “Design of Novel Sensitizers and Investigation of Tumor Targeting Carrier Systems for Photodynamic Therapy”, a collaborative project sponsored by DST- DAAD, under PPP-2009 Exchange Programme from May 2009-April 2011.
- “Development of Sensitizers Based on NIR Dyes” as part of the major program on “Metal Based Drugs” a grant–in–aid project sponsored by DST, India in collaboration with Dr. T. K. Chandrashekar and Dr. A. Srinivasan of NIIST, Trivandrum, Dr. Ch. Mohan Rao and Dr. K. Sridhar Rao of CCMB, Hyderabad and Dr. M. Radhakrishna Pillai and Dr. Asha Nair of RGCB, Trivandrum from April 2008 to March 2014.
- “Development of Novel Cyclophanes as Probes for Biomolecular Recognition”, a grant–in–aid project sponsored by DST, India from October 2009-September 2013.
- Photodynamic Therapy Against the Tumor Vascular System” A Collaborative Project Sponsored by DST and MICINN, Spain from April 2012 to March 2015.
- Dye Sensitized Solar Cells(DSSC)/Quantum Dot Dye Sensitized Solar Cells” sponsored by Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) from May 2012- March 2016.
- Molecules to Materials to Devices (M2D) NWP project sponsored by CSIR, collaboration with NCL, IICT, CECRI, NEIST, CLRI, AMPRI, CSMCRI from April 2012- March 2017.
- Nano-Materials: Applications and Impact On Safety, Health and Environment (NanoSHE) project sponsored by CSIR in collaboration with IITR, CCMB, CDRI, CFTRI, CLRI, CSIO, IGIB, IHBT, IICT, IMTECH, NCL, NEIST, NPL from April 2012 - March 2017.